since Slowing Time, the book, was birthed in october 2014, some wonder-filled moments have unfurled. here’s a bit of the Slowing Time diaries….and a listing of where slowing time talks will convene. you are always welcome to come join the conversation….great good company is one of life’s very best blessings….
oh, those airwaves…
a marvel-filled eight minutes on WTTW’s Chicago Tonight, with the brilliant Phil Ponce, who drives straight to the heart of the matter. (Nov. 12, 2014)
Radio, a few favorites:
Things Not Seen: Conversations about Culture and Faith, with David Dault. Jan. 11, 2015
How to be a Holy Rascal, with Rabbi Rami Shapiro. Oct. 22, 2014
Amplify! with Father Ron Lengwin on Pittsburgh superstation KDKA; two hours of sunday-night conversation, twice, for a total of much slowing time. Oct. 5 and 19, 2014. (so sad, no tape…)
a few fine musings about Slowing Time:
- Crux/ The Boston Globe, Dec. 24, 2014
- Chicago Tribune, (Printers Row Journal), Oct. 10, 2014
- Huffington Post, Oct. 24, 2014
- Publishers Weekly, Sept. 1, 2014
- Englewood Review of Books, Ordinary Time Vol. 4, No.4, 2014
- NS magazine, Oct. 2, 2104
- On the Wings of the Hummingbird (blog), Sept. 19, 2014
- LitzyDitz (ChicagoNOW blog), Nov. 11, 2014
Slowing Time talks….
a gallery of moments from Slowing Time readings, conversations and signings…
Slowing Time calendar….what’s coming….
- First Friday Club, Union League Club of Chicago (tickets required), Dec. 5, 12 to 1:15 p.m.
- The Book Cellar, Lincoln Square, Chicago, Saturday, Jan. 17, 5 p.m.
- Sukkat Shalom Women’s Spirituality Group, Wilmette, Wednesday, Jan. 21, 7 p.m.
- The Well Spirituality Center, LaGrange, Monday, Jan. 26
- Silent Samaritan, location TBD, Tuesday, Feb. 10
- OLPH Winter Women’s Guild, Glenview, Wednesday, Feb. 11
- Old St. Patrick’s Church, Chicago — Sept. 17, book launch. Glorious.
- Bookends & Beginnings bookstore, co-hosted with Evanston Public Library, Evanston — Oct. 9. Jam-packed and wonderful.
- The Shawl Sisters fireside chat. Winnetka — Oct. 22. Pure bliss, and plenty of tears.
- Women & Children First bookstore, Andersonville, Chicago — Oct. 29. Intimate and blessed.
- The Book Stall, Winnetka — Nov. 5. Dreamy, almost beyond words.
- Kenilworth Union Church, co-hosted by Sukkat Shalom, Kenilworth — Nov. 11. A roaring fireplace warmed all of us. So did the crowd.
- WTTW Chicago Tonight — Nov. 12. Be still my heart. See up above…
- Mystery To Me bookstore, Madison, Wisconsin — Nov. 13. Utterly charmed. Not to mention this added a state to the “Slowing Time tour.”
interested in talking Slowing Time, or anything else of the heart and the soul?
barbara would be delighted to come speak to — and join in conversation with — your circle of great good folk, no matter the size. most especially in intimate circles, those drawn around kitchen tables, or beside a crackling hearth, tucked on your back porch, or nestled beside the garden. bigger, broader circles are heavenly, too — at your church, synagogue, library, bookstore, whatever nooks of your life where conversation is honest and unflinching, and willing to plumb the depths of quotidian landscape in search of the sacred. (you can easily find her, by clicking to the contact page…)